Monday, December 30, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

My resolutions this year come from the lessons I've been learning.  This is not a checklist, as these are goals that will hopefully continue on limitlessly. I've come up with five mindset shifts that I want to embody in 2014 and for the rest of my life:

1. Look for the beauty in every place, person, and situation
2. Take the time to reflect each day, either in writing or conversation
3. Nurture important relationships. Give sincere compliments and act with generosity and kindness. This applies to your relationship with yourself as well.
4. Check assumptions before they turn into biases or judgements. Seek to understand and accept multiple points of view
5. Practice forgiveness. Always forgive, especially yourself. If you ever start to slack on any or all of the resolutions 1-4, that's ok. Remember that there's always time to refocus, reenergize, and recommit.


No comments:

Post a Comment