Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Here and Now

I believe I get messages from the universe when I need them the most. Yesterday, as I was walking around Buenos Aires with my family, I saw this message written loud and clear.

It says, in English:
"Here and now, the only thing real"

I was immediately drawn to it and knew I needed a photo to remember it by. I looked up at the graffitied quote as my mom snapped this shot.

I usually ask whoever is taking the photo to take a few so I can choose. I'm pretty critical of myself and generally hate most of the pictures that I take. But my mom only took this one and knew I'd like it. Although I was skeptical when she first handed me back my phone, I looked and smiled. I was beautiful.

My profile picture has been a picture of Blake and me since before he passed away. Up until today, I didn't have the heart to change it. But without hesitation, today I changed it to this photo. I guess I felt ok doing so because this message is so much a part of Blake that it's undeniable to me that he actually is in the photo. These words were everything he was trying to teach me. This message was him.

Here and now, the only thing real.

This is going to be my mantra in 2014. Being fully present in the present, because it's all I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment